Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tallys


When I started this blog, I used to tally some of my "cheap ways" as a way to keep score on how I was doing. If you'd like to play along, I'm going to start "Tally it up Tuesdays" where you can list how you've saved money for your family this week. If you are trying to get out of debt, set this money aside and use it to pay down some bills.
If you've been reading, you know I'm on a spend nothing from checking, credit, or savings until payday challenge. This is tricky... but it's been working okay. Today we had two secret shops GREAT budget stretchers, but they do require out of pocket cash up front.
Well-- as luck would have it, a customer of mine (I have a small shop, Keeps Me In Stitches) paid me in cash today! Hooray! Just enough to cover the two shops I needed to do.
One shop required eating at a burger joint after church, and it didn't have any problems with a guest or children. Perfect! so the family split two very large meals-- stretching the food budget a bit further.Then, we were paid $8 plus the cost of a pizza to have a pizza delivered. (Yes, I realise this is not the healthiest eating style...) Score two free meals plus $8 for the family.
Secret shopping since 7/1/09 : $29.88
Cash earned secret shopping since 07/01/09: $8
Dryer loads dryed outside : 0 (it's raining!)
fyi.. took two extra walks today- to work off some of those extra calories!

No comments: