Monday, July 9, 2007

Cutting Cable to Save Money

I wanted to pass along a site which is FILLED to the brim with information on couponing. FREE information. No clubs to join, no nothing. These women share their advice and helpful hints and you learn bundles about saving money.

As you know by now, I won't spend a buck to save one.

The site is called hotcouponworld.com in case you were wondering, this isn't a referral link. As mentioned, the site is FREE. It's helped me, so I'm including it here. If you are interested in a for pay couponing link, feel free to email me-- and I'll pass that along, along with my referral code!

Giving Up Cable

When I told my sisters we were cutting cable, they looked at me funny-- like maybe we were living in cardboard boxes and eating out of dumpsters to save money (hey!....) But I decided to give it a try. When you are truly nickel and diming your budget, drying clothes outside to save 60 cents a load-- it's like a $60 chunk you can save all at once. That's a lot of coupons!

Now before you start whining, I kids too. They get bored too. So this week, they are watching a few Disnet movies to get over the hump. No what, I haven't heard ONE "I want Sponge Bob" complaint, not one. And a funny thing happened--- I'm managing to make it without HGTV ot the Food Channel, too.

Next month, instead of paying the $60 bill, I'll buy a TV antenna. (A good one.) Then we can add back PBS for the girlies. In the meantime, we are finding new games to play. Here's just a few thing we can do for $60 a month as a family:

Eat at CiCi's - $16.00 (one still eats free)
Go to the local Pool/water park ($6/pp) twice
Buy new sidewalk chalk 50+ times. (not that we need to!)
Blow a full container of bubbles 120 times.

You get the idea...

No comments: