Friday, July 27, 2007

Dang! Electric Bill

If you follow this blog at all than you most likely already know what I'm doing to cut electric costs.

MY ELECTRIC BILL WENT UP $7 this month.

Now sure, I know-- it's summer in Texas. And yes, we had our in-laws here for a week in June, during which we had to lower the A/C temp. I was really hoping for a decrease.

Here's some of the things we've done: (with fees, our electric works out to 13 cents per KWH.
  • Not using the dryer.
  • Ditched the outside fridge
  • Not using the "heat-dry" cycle of the dishwasher.
  • Washing clothes on mostly cold/cold cycles.
  • Turned AC up to 85 degrees all the time.

Although rationally I know it would have gone up even more. (Even at 85-- the AC cranks on frequently in Texas) but I was REALLY hoping to see a drop. OH WELL!

On the positive spreadsheet side, I've snagged a few more secret shops this month. These included another grocery shop and a movie shop. I'm going to add them to the July total once they are paid.

1 comment:

Mom of 3 said...

I'm sorry! that stinks!

I'm trying to cut costs too, and was surprised to see my electric bill not go up. I figured it was going to soar with how hot it's been.