Sunday, September 6, 2009

Knock me over with a feather... $5 Frito Pie


Knock me over with a feather-- turns out someone has been reading the blog. In fact, two people! They reminded me I've been lax on updates, which reminded me about tonight's FLASHBACK DINNER.

Flashback dinner tonight is Frito Pie. It's close to a $5 for a family of four, provided two of the four are not teenage boys.

I have some picky eaters, so I made this in two batches.

Brown 1 lb ground beef and drain. (On sale- $1.98/ lb.)
Place back into skillet with 1 can chopped tomatoes (7 ounces or close - $.95)
Now, place 1/2 of this mixture aside.
To the rest add 1/2 packet of taco seasoning (.99 cents/2 = .50)
Let the water from the tomatoes cook down.

Serve with grated cheddar over fritos (in a bowl, or Middle School style from a small bag with the side cut open.) If this doesn't bring back visions of insecurty and homeroom, nothing will.

No comments: