Monday, August 10, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

Well. Menu plan monday. I didn't add mine to the "official" list this week, because I wasn't sure "Whatever I can scrounge from the pantry" would cut it!

I did however, come up with a plan. We're still eating what we can down from the pantry. I looked through some magazines this week for quick recipes that won't get too many groans, and I can make from stuff on hand.

Monday: Campbells Taco Skillet

Brown 1 lb. ground beef, drain.
Add to skillet: 1 can tomato soup, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup salsa, 4 flour tortillas (6-8") cut into 1" pieces. Boil, then turn down heat and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and serve.

6 year old: thumbs up! 4 year old: thumbs down. Hubby: thumbs up! Mommy: okay- ease makes it worth it.

Tuesday: My hubby and I are hitting the Religious Appreciation dinner in Fort Worth. (Actually it's held in Arlington.) Big KUDOS to my familia babysitters.

Wednesday: Spinach and bacon with raviolis
Thursday: Chicken - pat dry, coat with flour, pan fry. Serve with mashed potatoes and peas.
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Mom has a meeting.

No comments: