Monday, June 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday chicken dump recipes!


When chicken is cheap, I stock up! Well, apparently I've been finding a lot of chicken deals, because my freezer is overrun by frozen chicken!



So this week I'm doing a lot of "chicken dump" recipes. That means you dump all the ingredients in your Crockpot and forget about them... a favorite of mine. Dinner's already cooking for tonight.


Monday - Dump Chicken Parmesan (recipe to follow)

Tuesday - Planet Hollywood Cap'n Crunch Chicken fingers with mustard dipping sauce. (recipe follows)

Wednesday - Fundraiser night for swim team

Thursday - Sloppy Joe Leftovers

Friday - King ranch casserole

Saturday- Leftover Chicken Parmesan from Monday

Sunday - Chicken enchiladas (recipe)


Dump Chicken Paremesean - This makes a chicken and dumpling tasting meal...
In crockpot on low until dinner time (start before work) - 1- 1.5 pounds of chicken cut up. I'm using tenders because they were on top. Pieces (including those with bones) or breasts would work equally as well.
Add one package of noodle roni paremesan. (I got ours free with double coupons!) Hold the noodles for now. Add the water and milk called for on the package. Omit the oil, if any.
Add one package of chopped veggies that have been "extra" chopped using a hand chopper. (This helps them blend with the noodles.) Tonight I'm using broccoli, but other great choices are three veggies mixes and (yum!) Italian mix.
Two hours before serving, add the noodles.
That's it!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We just got a crockpot recently so I'm definitely going to have to try out that chicken parm recipe, it sounds delicious! You should check out springpad's weekly meal planner, it's a great way to organize all of your menus and recipes (like this one, yum! http://bit.ly/3D6top) and I think you'd really like it.

Rachel @ springpad

Unknown said...

Thanks Rachel! I post at least one dump recipie a week, so please check back! :)